June 20, 2017
With the World Environment Day promoted by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) on June 5, 2017, the Italian Grand Prix at the Tuscan Circuit of Mugello, organised several activities in regard with the World Environment Day celebration.
Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), member of ARISF, played a pivotal role in KiSS Mugello, an environmental and social sustainability programme of the Grand Prix that engages everyone connected with the event.
For World Environmental Day, the FIM hosted a Bio Dinner in its hospitality unit and the KiSS Mugello programme invited teams, riders, spectators, fans, companies, volunteers, the community and non-profit organisations to take action to cherish, protect and celebrate our Planet. Moreover, KiSS Mugello invited them to discover Mugello, a beautiful area of Tuscany, and to keep it clean during the Grand Prix.
The various activities included:
• Recovery of surplus food for people in need
• Sustainable waste management with eco-points
• KiSS Mugello Info desk
• Distribution of 30’000 kits for proper management of waste
• Promotion of public transport and car pooling
• Environmental education and activities to engage the fans
• Display of videos to raise awareness among fans
• Support of the activities by top level athletes and teams
• Top level riders sharing their pictures of themselves enjoying nature
Photo: Dr. Rafaelle Chiulli, ARISF and UIM President joins Ms. Kattia Hernandez, FIM International Environment Commission Director to promote the KiSS Mugello.
Photo Credits: @gettyimages