ARISF ensures that millions of athletes across the planet - from the grassroots to the elites - benefit from the recognition which the International Olympic Committee grants to their sports.
- Social Recognition
- ARISF assists its Member International Federations in their efforts to secure broad social recognition for their sports as well as the sportsmen and women who practise them at all levels across the planet.
- Sanction and Support
- ARISF strives to procure sanction and support for the recognised sports from within the Olympic Movement.
- Olympic Charter Amendment
- ARISF endeavours to bring about amendments to the Olympic Charter in order to ensure that all National Olympic Committees recognise the national member federations of the Recognised International Federations,
- Dialogue with IOC
- ARISF maintains an ongoing dialogue with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) - its President, Executive Board, Commissions and Administration - on all matters arising from the IOC recognition of a sport. ARISF plays an active role in discussions on the future of the Olympic Sports Programme.